[Gnash-dev] Plugin crashes (was: pre-release candidate)

From: strk
Subject: [Gnash-dev] Plugin crashes (was: pre-release candidate)
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 15:33:08 +0100

On Wed, Feb 09, 2011 at 06:52:36AM +0100, Petter Reinholdtsen wrote:
> [Brad]
> > That's usually true as long as the code does not have any
> > showstopper bugs. Putting out releases with major showstopper bugs
> > that result in regressions from previous releases is not cool and
> > makes the release more or less useless. There are at least a few
> > bugs currently in the bug tracker that are showstopper bugs and
> > would make the release useless.
>
> Which one are these?
>
> With only three active developers, I still believe it is better to
> make a release now than to delay it indefinitely.  It is also based on
> my own testing, showing that gnash is not useless to at least me. :)

Have you tried the urls reported here:

and here:

  https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?31766

Both me, Gabriele and Benjamin can easily reproduce the crashes
of the plugin, on both chromium and firefox.

And all backtraces point to ExternalInterface known-to-be-limited
implementation at the plugin side.

I'd rather drop the EI support and get a stable browsing experience
if the author isn't willing to find and fix the bug.