Re: [Gnash-dev] Removal candidates

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Removal candidates
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 07:30:55 -0600

On 03/17/2011 09:55 AM, Benjamin Wolsey wrote:
> The following code is obsolete, unmaintained, or significantly worse
> than the alternatives:
>
> plugin/xpcom
> librender/opengl
> gui/riscos
> libcore/vm/Machine.{h,cpp}
>
> Can it be removed? Expressions of support as well as opposition would be
> useful. Also for any other code that has become unused.

  While I appreciate trying to keep Gnash clean, your tendency to remove
code you think isn't being used is too much of a good thing... Xpcom can
go away for sure, we don't even use it for cookie handling anymore.
riscos we don't maintain anyway, it's done externally. OpenGL we should
keep for now till I migrate my OpenVG work to master after the release.
While the OpenGL renderer has it's problems, it does still work, and
some people do prefer it. (not that I know why...)

  Thanks for asking this time before blindly removing code, it's much
less disruptive this way.