[Gnash-dev] 0.8.9 branch, commit and tag

From: Sandro Santilli
Subject: [Gnash-dev] 0.8.9 branch, commit and tag
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 11:12:40 +0200

I've downloaded the 0.8.9 tarball to try at figuring where to set
a git tag and found revno.h advertising commit id "257aa1e":

 gnash-0.8.9$ cat revno.h
 static const char* BRANCH_REVNO  = "20088";
 static const char* BRANCH_NICK = "release_0_8_9";
 static const char* COMMIT_ID = "257aa1e";

But reading the logs in the release_0_8_9 branch I see a subsequent
commit "49fb49a" which fixed the version number:

 -AC_INIT(gnash, 0.8.9~rc4)
 +AC_INIT(gnash, 0.8.9)

Now, the configure.ac in the tarball is the correct one (0.8.9) so
the question is: why is revno.h pointing to the previous commit ?

I was thinking about starting to maintain a stable branch, which
is the reason why I'm looking at it.

Branch release_0_8_9 contains two more commits, one fixing
rmp packaging and another setting release date in NEWS file.
May be worth backporting also a fix for a 0.8.9 blocker that
resurrected [1]

[1] https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?32579