Re: [Gnash-dev] Advances from GameSWF

From: Bastiaan Jacques
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Advances from GameSWF
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 18:08:25 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 26 Sep 2011, Pete Hobson wrote:

I've been trying to understand better gnash's relationship with gameswf.
 Have you essentially branched completely?

Gnash is a fork of GameSWF.

Is there anyplace (other than source :)  ) where i can find how far you have
moved from gameswf in terms of supported features.

You could dig through the changelog entries.

Is there any millage in your opinion of me attempting to back port the new
features into gameswf, or perhaps can the swf rendering components of gnash
be used as a library?

That would require that GameSWF change its license to the GPL, so it's
not likely to happen. Nor do I see much point in doing that.

Bastiaan