Re: [Gnash-dev] Contributing to gnash

From: Chris Leonard
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Contributing to gnash
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 22:01:26 -0500

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 12:01 AM, niraj kulkarni
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>       I would like to join gnash developers community and contribute to its
> development. So can you tell me some debugging guidelines as well as trivial
> tasks which will help me get started?
>
> Thanks and Regards
> Niraj

Niraj,

Do you speak a language other than English well enough to work on
Gnash localization?

Working on Gnash localization will help speakers of your language that
would like to work with Gnash and it is a pretty good way of walking
through the user interface and getting an understanding of what files
are involved in what functions (by looking at the location comment
strings in the PO file.

Sugar Labs hosts PO files for Gnash and if we do not yet have a
language project for a language that you speak, it is easy to create
one.

The PO file is gnash.po found in:
http://translate.sugarlabs.org/projects/upstream_POT/

If the PO file does not appear in that project for a language you
know, I can easily add it.

cjl
Sugar Labs Translation Team Coordinator