Re: [Gnash-dev] release ?

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] release ?
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2011 08:13:04 -0700

On 12/31/11 02:42, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 09:24:34AM +0100, Benjamin Wolsey wrote:
>
>> It would help if log_debug messages weren't marked as translatable,
>> since they are of interest only to developers and it's not helpful if we
>> get debugging reports in Spanish or Japanese anyway. I believe that was
>> the policy up to now (at least it's what I did).

  We've never had a policy on this at all, different developers did
different things. I do believe other non-english speaking developers
would benefit by some of the debug output.

> Agreed, log_debug shouldn't be translated.

  Actually, I disagree that all log_debug messages shouldn't be
translated. Some are purely for developers, but many aren't. I also
found when going through the files that there were many log_debug
messages that should be log_error as well. To really do this right,
somebody should go through all the log_* messages and make some things
log_error, some log_debug translated, and some not. I will go back
through *some* of the files this weekend and do this, but it'd be better
if that wasn't a solo task.

  As far as priorities, I'm not super happy about ignoring Cygnal, but
as nobody but me probably runs Cygnal, I guess those could be put off
for the future. Gnash is overly verbose at times too, many messages, but
log_error and log_debug were added during development, but not all
probably still need to be there.