[Gnash-dev] beware of evil git merges !

From: Sandro Santilli
Subject: [Gnash-dev] beware of evil git merges !
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 18:43:56 +0200

Some of you may remember that some time ago we've been struggling with
finding a repository change of which there seemed to be no trace in history.
Today something similar happened to me again, and it was _so_ frustrating
that I tried understanding more about it. Not that I succeeded, but I've been
confirmed that it _can_happen_ due to git assuming too much about merges.

 See: http://marc.info/?l=git&m=136993172804666&w=2

I couldn't figure how if our lost commit story was ever made public in
a savannah ticket or in a mailing list thread. If anyone of you remembers
I'd love to take a look, and try to understand more about it.

No change will remain unnoticed ! :D

--strk;

 http://strk.keybit.net