Re: [Gnash-dev] After upgrading to Firefox 24, YouTube videos never load

From: scott092707
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] After upgrading to Firefox 24, YouTube videos never load
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 12:14:27 -0500 (EST)

I am still trying to figure out what was happening when using MediaHandler ffmpeg caused me not to be able to play YouTube videos...

[Thank you very much again for supplying the solution: switching to gst]

[I know, "What's up with this guy?  His problem's solved!  Why doesn't he just go away and be happy watching YouTube?
I have a lot of curiosity, I guess...]

Certain questions come to mind...

1.  Are the Media-Handlers actually PART of gnash, or just something that gnash links to when needed?
If gnash merely links to the
Media-Handler ffmpeg (there is a program ffmpeg, which one assumes is related to the Media-Handler - perhaps part of the same pkg. - I use WinFF, which is a gui that calls ffmpeg, the program) might itself have changed, introducing some sort of bug of its own.
If the
Media-Handlers ffmpeg and gst are part of gnash, then perhaps gnash has a bug in ffmpeg, that only became apparent when YouTube changed something in the way it reacts to it...

2.  What could the ffmpeg
Media-Handler be waiting for, when it spins its wheels (endless circling dots: supposedly loading something...)?
It obviously never gets it.

Thank you for whatever time you can devote to these questions.

-Scott