Re: [Gnash-dev] Has gnash been fuzzed?

From: Sandro Santilli
Subject: Re: [Gnash-dev] Has gnash been fuzzed?
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 22:37:04 +0100

On Wed, Nov 18, 2015 at 10:32:48PM +0100, Jacek Wielemborek wrote:
> W dniu 18.11.2015 o 22:30, Sandro Santilli pisze:
> > We did occasional fuzzying of the core parsers, with zzuf,
> > but we have no automated fuzzing as part of our testsuite.
> > Do you want to help with that ?
>
> Is zzuf a genetic fuzzer like afl-fuzz? I could definitely recommend
> using AFL.

http://caca.zoy.org/wiki/zzuf

The Gnash testsuite is flexible enough to allow for hosting
multiple testing families, so if you want to provide some
code for a testsuite/afl-fuzz subdir, that'd be welcome.

Ideally it'd integrate with build scripts.

> > The flvparser you hit should not be reachable from normal
> > usage of the gnash standalone or plugin (correct me if I'm wrong).
>
> I don't know the codebase, but do they share libraries/parser code?

It could be, if you find any libcore or libbase reference in
the stack trace then yes.