[Gnash] Patch: Give error for unhandled SWF events

From: Michael Carlson
Subject: [Gnash] Patch: Give error for unhandled SWF events
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 01:47:29 +0800

Download this file : http://protu.it.helsinki.fi/~lindi/google-video.swf

Then, try opening it locally with gnash, using the "-va" command switch (for verbose Movie Actions). The program will crash with an assertion error. After some investigating, I realized that in server/impl.cpp, swf_event::read(), we don't do any sort of check to see if the event flag that was sent to us is known and handled by the program. This patch simply adds a log_error statement, letting you know that an event was received that is unknown and unhandled, the hex code of the event, as well as an appropriate comment in the source explaining this check.

This is my first patch to gnash, and it's very small. I plan to contribute more. If there is any problem with the formatting / method of submission, please tell me the best way for next time.

Sincerely,
Michael Carlson