[Gnash] Patch to (partially) implement Actionscript Arrays

From: Michael Carlson
Subject: [Gnash] Patch to (partially) implement Actionscript Arrays
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 19:17:18 +0800

In the past couple of days, I've been working on getting actionscript arrays working in gnash as hopefully the first of many significant contributions to the project. Attached is my initial patch "arraypatch1", an actionscript file " test.as" to test with (which can be compiled through MTASC - see www.mtasc.org), and a flash file "array.swf" (which is simply test.as compiled into swf form through MTASC, for convenience) which tests the implemented functions.

Only the following actions are supported at this time: initialization through constructors, initialization the "normal" way (var a = [4,1,2];), accessing / setting array members, length(), push(), and pop().

I've found the best way to test this is to run "gnash -va array.swf | grep TRACE | grep -v \" | grep -v -- ---". This will extract and display all of the relevant trace messages out of the output of gnash, excluding most of the extraneous output. This can then be compared with the actionscript source file, test.as.

My last patch (very small) hasn't been replied to yet - I hope I'm sending this to the right place. Looking forward to any comments people have about it.

I'd like to add, all of this was done without looking at any documents that require a restrictive agreement (I didn't look at Macromedia's official documents); I used an unofficial actionscript reference at sephiroth.it/reference.php. All of my patches will be done in this way.