Re: [Gnash] Re: Another Build Error

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Re: Another Build Error
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 15:10:12 -0700

Gian Paolo Mureddu wrote:

my copy of Makefile (gotten from CVS a few minutes ago), but still have the problem regarding the plugin. So how can I prevent the plugin from being built?

You can pass --disable-plugin at configure time to not build it. Those two files will probably be checked in later tonight, but they've been removed from the Makefile.am in CVS for now. Those are my "working versions" of the player as a plugin. They currently have a bug I want to fix before checking them in. They should not required to build the current version of the plugin.

Currently the plugin is only suitable for developer use, although I'm working on change that... The standalone player does work, so when the plugin is more complete, it'll have all the functionality of the standalone player.

Also, and please tell me if this requires a separate thread, even though the plugin wouldn't build, the gnash stand alone player did build, but I don't seem to be able to get any sound from the movies I've got (Linspire mock of The Doors "Light my fire", "RunLinspire", or the "Elvis" test movie) even when I passed to configure "--enable-mp3" (and I do have the MAD libraries and devel packages installed).

The sound support exists, but has been untested for so long it doesn't work. I don't believe it would be hard to fix it, but at this time I want to get the plugin working before fixing sound. I'll gladly take a patch from anyone that feels like going after this though. :-) I did fix the configure code last night so libmad is found and in the Makefiles correctly, but haven't dug into the code itself yet.

        - rob -