[Gnash] Tabs vs. Spaces

From: Michael Carlson
Subject: [Gnash] Tabs vs. Spaces
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2006 22:41:52 +0800

I noticed that in our recent actionscript class files (the ones
starting with a capital letter under server/), instead of tabs, we are
using 4 spaces where each '\t' would be. I use gedit to edit the code
files, and in gedit this is a little bit annoying to navigate and
write similar code, even with my "tab size" set to the same (4).

So far when editing these files, I've been manually making 4 spaces
instead of '\t', to match the style of the rest of the file. However,
in most of the rest of gnash code, we simply use tabs - could we agree
this will be the standard for all of our files? If so, would someone
like to (or does anyone mind if I) go through and "fix" all these
4-space-tabs by turning them into '\t' characters?

- Mike