Re: [Gnash] working plugin checked in

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash] working plugin checked in
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 10:03:42 -0700

Unit3 wrote:

Sadly, it's not working too well here. I just get a blank white space on
the MacroMedia test page

Usually when you just get a blank screen there is a problem playing the Flash movie, not the plugin. As the plugin is currently using the standalone player, if it works standalone, it'll work in Firefox. Rather than jumping to the major test right away, please try something simpler.

I'm seeing the same behavior, ~/gnash-debug.log has a bunch of
information, but nothing that seems specifically useful, it just says
that it's opened a GLX context for the plugin, and then later closed it.

My gut feeling is (being the MM Flash test page), that the tests use Flash features we haven't implemented fully yet. I don't go to Macro Media's site ever, but my guess would be these are SWF v8.5 test cases, which Gnash can't play yet.

Once the plugin is stable, the focus will be on improving the compatibility of Flash it plays, eventually adding SWF v8++ support.

        - rob -