[Gnash] Re: gnash only creates blank standalone window.....

From: Jonas Wolz
Subject: [Gnash] Re: gnash only creates blank standalone window.....
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 10:53:16 +0200

Alex Dupre wrote:
> Rob Savoye <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>    Gnash runs on freeBSD, and I've heard the plugin works too.
>
> Gnash works, but the plugin doesn't work at all: it doesn't show up in
> about:plugins. Nobody I'm aware of has successfully used it.
> Rob, do you have other ideas after I sent you the complete firefox output?

I can confirm that: I also got the gnash CVS version compiled on FreeBSD (by
manually setting CFLAGS and LDFLAGS to include gtkglext, SDL, ...) and the
standalone player works just fine, but the plugin doesn't show up in
about:plugins. The only thing that happens  when I go to about:plugins is
that gnash-dbg.log gets created (with 0 bytes size).

The same source code works when copied over to a Linux installation and
compiled/installed there.

Jonas