Re: [Gnash] Re: Re: gnash only creates blank standalone window.....

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Re: Re: gnash only creates blank standalone window.....
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 09:49:54 -0600

Anglade Pierre-Matthieu wrote:

I've got almost the same problem under linux x86_64 (FC4): The
standalone problem just works fine yet the plugin displays only blank
page. The difference with Jonas Wolz case is that after copying the
libgnash to /usr/lib64/firefox.../plugins/ I get the right
informations about the plugin.

It looks like this issue has been tracked down, at least on BSD. I assume the same issue might be effecting the GNU/Linux platforms as well. For some odd reason, on 64 bit systems, libmosdk doesn't get loaded by the dynamic linker, so the plugin quietly fails. Statically linking mozsdk into the plugin solves the problem. On my system libtool complains when trying to link a static library into a shared library, so I might just start building the files into the plugin to fix this problem.

Anyway, try that and see if it works for you while I see about tweaking the Makefiles.

        - rob -