Re: [Gnash] Extreme CPU usage

From: Richard Aspden
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Extreme CPU usage
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 01:37:03 +0100

Slightly offtopic, but I've had some recent experience with this.

It all depends on your operating system. If you're on Linux, try getting
the proprietary ATI drivers from http://www.ati.com/ (under Drivers &
Software, Linux). I believe there are details on there on how to
install. If you're on *BSD or anything other than Linux (like me!), or
want to go the open source route, you'll have difficulty. There's
experimental DRI support in the Mesa CVS tree I believe for the R300 and
above processors (Radeon 9500 and above) - see
http://dri.freedesktop.org/ and http://r300.sourceforge.net/ for more
details.

There's a (slightly broken) alpha of the fglrx drivers on *BSD, but it's
very alpha quality (and broken on current Xorg I believe).

Hope that helps.

Rick