Re: [Gnash] Gnash configure options

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Gnash configure options
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 17:21:02 -0600

Patrice Dumas wrote:

> Indeed. At that point it seems to me that the best design would be
> something with plugins for gnash and dlopening based on command line/config
> file. I think that Rob mentionned someting along that idea.

  Yes, but not before this coming release unless we really have to. We
need to do something before then. I do think before the release we need
to fix things so we can build the GTK gui and the KDE based plugin (if
--enable-plugin is specified) at the same time. I don't think it's worth
building the SDL version, as it's lacking menus, and is pretty basic.

  For AGG-FB, you'd only want that combo for embedded Debian, and not
likely ever need it for the desktop. The AGG-GTK combo may become the
default one at some point as it appears to have better performance. But
I think for the coming release we can include what the previous release
had, the GTK based gui with OpenGL, and the Klash plugin. Most people
will be running Gnash as a plugin, so that's what the release needs to
support.

        - rob -