[Gnash] Re: [Gnash-dev] How to cross compile ?

From: shamju joseph
Subject: [Gnash] Re: [Gnash-dev] How to cross compile ?
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 03:19:50 -0700 (PDT)

--- Hannes Mayr <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> shamju joseph wrote:
> > Hi,
> >   I want to cross compile gnash for a Fusiv
> processor
> > based system. I've a gcc based cross compiler
> > available. Can somebody tell me how to do this,
> > especially modifying the configure script for the
> new
> > target?
>
> you don't need to modify the configure script. What
> you have do is to
> call configure with the right environment variables
> for your toolchain
> (CXX and possibly also others) and to set the target
> architecture with
> the --host parameter.
>
> For example I use the following command line to
> compile gnash for our
> CRIS-based embedded board:
>
> CXX=g++-cris -mlinux -mno-mul-bug-workaround \
> LD=ld-cris \
> RANLIB=ranlib-cris \
> AR=ar-cris \
> ./configure --host=cris-axis-linux-gnu \
>    --enable-renderer=agg \
>    --enable-gui=fb \
>    --with-agg-incl=/home/hannes/agg-2.4-cris/include
> \
>    --with-agg-lib=/home/hannes/agg-2.4-cris/src \
>    --disable-sound \
>    <...more gnash options and dependency paths...>
>
> I've successfully cross-compiled gnash some time
> ago, but in the
> meantime there were a lot of changes, so I can't
> tell if it still works
> without (little) code modifications.
>
> Besides, don't forget to compile the dependencies
> for your architecture
> too (libjpeg, libz and especially the boost library
> is a pain to compile).
>

> Hannes

Thank you for the reply. I have some more doubts
regarding this, please excuse me for asking these
basic doubts.

1) If configure script need not be modified, why
should we pass 'host=name' parameter to configure?
where is this parameter used?

2) How I know the name of 'host=' parameter for my
target?

3) How we tell configure the location of other
cross-compiled library files?

4) How we tell configure the location of other host
specific include files?

I have /opt/kenati/lx4189-kenati-linux folder with bin
include and lib subfolders. The 'bin' folder has cross
compiler tools (lx4189-uclibc-gcc etc), 'include' has
target specific include files and 'lib' has
cross-compiled libraries.

5) How can I tell 'configure' to look for include
files and library files in the above folders instead
of default folders?

PLEASE HELP.

thanks
shamju joseph