Re: [Gnash] Re: Gnash Video Codecs?

From: annonygmouse
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Re: Gnash Video Codecs?
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2006 22:33:14 +0100

Rob Savoye wrote:
John Dowdell wrote:
On Tue, 12 Dec 2006, "ann" wrote:

<snip>

  I see more support than resistance. We've stated many times, we work
hard at maintaining compatibility with the existing Flash players. We
focus more on what your player does than what the spec says most of the
time, since they don't always agree. :-) The resistance I see are from
the same people that claim Linux sucks cause it won't run M$ Office. The
supporters are glad they have a solution that runs on all platforms,
including embedded ones and 64 bit ones.

Here you've got a gnash supporter :), I'm running on linux amd64 and the only easy way [1] to get flash support is by using gnash.

<snip>

Yes, I can use 32bits Adobe's flash plugin using a chrooted environment or nsplugginwraper (have not tried it though) but I want to use the other 32bits of hardware I paid for.

Kind regards
SebastiĆ