[Gnash] Compile gnash in debug mode and run it in a debugger

From: Meryl Silverburgh
Subject: [Gnash] Compile gnash in debug mode and run it in a debugger
Date: Wed, 7 Feb 2007 11:11:13 -0600

Thanks.

i did "$ export CXXFLAGS=-g"
$echo $CXXFLAGS
$-g

and I did a ./configure and than make

and when I do 'ddd gnash', I get this error "not in executable format:
File format not recognized"

Any help is appreciated.

$ gdb gnash
GNU gdb Red Hat Linux (6.3.0.0-1.122rh)
This GDB was configured as
"i386-redhat-linux-gnu"..."/home/scheung/sandbox/gnash/gnash/gui/gnash":
not in executable format: File format not recognized

(gdb) run
Starting program:
No executable file specified.
Use the "file" or "exec-file" command.
(gdb)

On 2/4/07, Bastiaan Jacques <address@hidden> wrote:

On Sun, 4 Feb 2007, Meryl Silverburgh wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can you please tell me how to compile gnash in debug mode and run it
> in a debugger?

When configuring your build, ensure that the CXXFLAGS environment includes
"-g" (or specify it in your ./configure line). Then
run 'gdb gnash' to load Gnash into the GNU debugger. When in the gdb
environment, type 'run flash_movie.swf'.

Bastiaan