Re: [Gnash] Time for a new gnash release?

From: ying lcs
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Time for a new gnash release?
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 12:37:16 -0600

All,

I thought all the functionalities to support using gnash to view
flash-based video is already there. But there are some bugs which
prevent it from work.  Is that correct?

Thanks for clarification.

On 2/8/07, Tomas Groth <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

> As you probably know, the people packaging software for the Linux
> distributions prefer to package releases, and not daily snapshots.
> Are there any plans to make a new gnash release soon?  It has been a
> while since the last release.  According to the NEWS file in CVS, it
> happened 2006-09-10, almost half a year ago. :)

I think the plan is/was to make a release when the flash-based video sites,
such as youtube and google-video, was in a usable state. I still think this is
a good idea, but it could be some time before that goal is reached, do we want
to wait?

cheers,

Tomas