[Gnash] Re: Input support for gnash.

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: [Gnash] Re: Input support for gnash.
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 09:51:13 +0200

Hello Prathap,

PK> The major problems what i am facing now is input support for gnash.
PK> I have USB mouse ans USB keyboard. Mouse is not responding.

Ah I see! PS/2 mouse support is disabled in the published version.

Open gui/fbsup.h and uncomment this line

  #define USE_MOUSE_PS2

while *commenting* this line:

  //#define USE_MOUSE_ETT

with other words, USE_MOUSE_PS2 should be defined, not USE_MOUSE_ETT.

This should enable any mouse that sends data to /dev/input/mice. If it
still won't work, check your kernel config. An easy check is to read
the device:

  cat /dev/input/mice

when you move the mouse you should see lots of garbage data being
displayed on screen (which will probably confuse your terminal). As
long you see anything happening, the mouse should work in Gnash too.

Normally you can configure your kernel to emulate a PS/2 mouse on
/dev/input/mice no matter what input device you're really using.

PK> Not getting even the cursor.

There is no cursor in the FB GUI unless the movie itself provides one.

PK> How can i make keyboard and mouse working for gnash?Wheather any support has
PK> to give for this in configure?

Keyboard support has not yet been implemented. The whole FB GUI is
still experimental (probably you're the third person trying it at all),
so not much ./configure support, yet...

Udo