Re: [Gnash] sound problem in Gnash-0.8.0

From: Martin Guy
Subject: Re: [Gnash] sound problem in Gnash-0.8.0
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 11:04:31 +0100

new bee:
Do GST/ffmpeg/Mad controll video & audio?
what's the relationship between them and SDL?
If I have no SDL,how do they enable sound?

ffmpeg and GST perform sound and video; mad only does MP3 decoding.

ffmpeg and MAD use SDL for sound output (which then uses OSS or ALSA
or this or that according to how it is installed/configured); GST uses
its own sound thing, not SDL sound.

Note that MAD build is broken on some systems at present unless you
--disable-shared (which I think also disables the plugin). Sorry about
that.
See bug report http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?20110 if you can help with this.

I have to use newest ffmpeg ,because I can only download that version, and
./configure runs successfully. But when I make it, it meets many errors, I
think the reason is ffmpeg version is not proper, and I found this bug had
mentioned on https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?20002
so I want to know which version of ffmpeg should I use,and where can I get
it

There is probably some magic option to svn to check out the tree as it
was on a certain date. man svn
If that fails, get back to me; I may have an old version lying around somewhere.

Alternatively download a tarball of Mplayer source from mplayerhq.hu -
that includes ffmpeg.