Re: [Gnash] RMTP client as a library for libCurl?

From: Dave Crossland
Subject: Re: [Gnash] RMTP client as a library for libCurl?
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 16:38:24 +0000

On 12/01/2008, Rob Savoye <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have an RTMP in Curl implementation I wrote, but moved all the code
> to libamf so I could use RMTP on the server side of things for Cygnal.
> Curl is only a client side library.

Sure.

Is libamf now better at RMTP client side stuff than what was in Curl?

If so, I'll contact Curl (and mention it to xbmc) to see about
supporting libamf in some way

> At one point I could use curl to download FLV videos.

That is the functionality ideal for the XBMC project.

Ian reports XBMC working on GNU+Linux on his blog,

http://www.cubicgarden.com/blojsom/blog/cubicgarden/technology/home+entertainment/2008/01/07/Xbox-media-centre-on-a-linux-PC.html

> > The XBMC guys feel Gnash has too many dependencies (although it runs
> > on small embedded devices...) but using libCurl to download the FLV
>
> Any multimedia package has many dependencies, and often the packages
> Gnash depends on have other dependencies. But anyway, "too many
> dependencies" is sort of like saying "I just don't like your software"...

Hmm yes; the XBMC people seem pretty picky. Whatever :-)

>    Yes, since it's part of Gnash, it's GPLv3.

:-)

--
Regards,
Dave