Re: [Gnash] Youtube in latest release

From: Bastiaan Jacques
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Youtube in latest release
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 23:54:53 +0100 (CET)

Hi Miry,

I've encountered this issue before, and after a long debugging session
it turned out that on the user's system, Gnome VFS did not follow the
redirect that some YouTube URLs contain. (That's the second URL here, I
guess.) You can check this by looking at the log (before the URL
expires!) and to try gnomevfs-cat to download the URL.

Unfortunately, I have since not learned why this happens, particularly
because that user's system appeared identical to mine. More recently
though, a user has tested using GIO (giosrc) in favour of gnomevfs,
which solved the problem for him. That's the closest thing I have to a
fix. :)

Bastiaan