[Gnash] Re: helping the Gnash project

From: Petter Reinholdtsen
Subject: [Gnash] Re: helping the Gnash project
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2008 09:00:46 +0200

[Enchanted Visions]
> I am looking for Ideas to bring back to the community how we can
> assist you in your work. I have made the suggestion of donations to
> help pay for development.

I am involved in Debian Edu, and we are also trying to help the free
flash community and gnash to get a free flash player we can include in
the Debian Edu distribution.  The two approaches I follow at the
moment are collecting or providing funding, and assisting in
organizing developer gatherings paid for by the funds.  I would
recommend you do the same.

Personally, I suspect gatherings 2-3 times a years would be optimal
for Gnash, and currently they have perhaps 1 a year.  It is a bit
costly, as the developers are spread all over America and Europe.

The next developer gathering is organized around
Please help fund it and others.  Mary Beth Panagos and Rob Savoye are
the main organizers behind it.

Happy hacking,
--
Petter Reinholdtsen