[Gnash] Links to specs unencumbered by licenses

From: Ondřej Hošek
Subject: [Gnash] Links to specs unencumbered by licenses
Date: Thu, 01 May 2008 16:33:28 +0200

Hello,

the good news: as Dâniel Fraga already announced, Adobe is planning to release the SWF and FLV/F4V specs. The better news: they have already been released!

SWF specs:
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/swf/

FLV/F4V specs:
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flv/

Now, I'm pretty sure the restrictions match those of Adobe's PDF: abide by the rules (important e.g. for DRM) or be in breach of copyright. However, I still consider this a godsend for Gnash and related projects -- after all, xpdf and evince are doing well in the free software PDF reader department. (I really do hope there are no more strings attached, but I am not a lawyer. I have only confirmed that I can access both documents without clicking an "I Accept" button/link.)

Happy hacking!
~~ Ondra Hosek