Re: [Gnash] Does gnash use swfdec?

From: Patrice Dumas
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Does gnash use swfdec?
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 11:25:21 +0200

On Fri, May 02, 2008 at 05:53:55AM +0200, Louise Hoffman wrote:

> Does gnash and swfdec focus on different things?

Gnash has more gui and backends, but you certainly don't care.

> Are one of them more more active developed than the other?

Both are actively maintained.

Gnash (in fedora) has a theoretical advantage because it uses agg and
agg seems to be more suitable than cairo.

Gnash starts immediately while you have to click on swfdec flash
animations.

Overall you'll have to check yourself, I guess.

--
Pat