Re: [Gnash] It Freezes: Gnash with AGG renderer and FB GUI

From: Udo Giacomozzi
Subject: Re: [Gnash] It Freezes: Gnash with AGG renderer and FB GUI
Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 15:10:12 +0200

Hello Torbjorn,

Sunday, May 4, 2008, 2:27:58 AM, you wrote:
TK> I used strace on the process and discovered this repeating itself endlessly:

TK> read(3, 0xbfcbf754, 16)                 = -1 EAGAIN (Resource
TK> temporarily unavailable)
TK> read(4, 0xbfcbf760, 16)                 = -1 EAGAIN (Resource
TK> temporarily unavailable)
TK> gettimeofday({1209860234, 189976}, NULL) = 0

Sounds like Gnash is stuck in the run() loop in gui/fb.cpp. I always
use CTRL-C or kill to stop fb-gnash, so there could be a bug I did
not notice.

I guess the file reads are for the input devices. Please check via
/proc what file descriptors 3 and 4 point to. I guess these are
keyboard and mouse.

TK> I can kill the process from remote, but the screen is still "frozen",
TK> so I can only get out of it by rebooting.

Do you run Gnash as root?

Udo