[Gnash] trying to get started: configure complaints, and can't get gtkgl

From: Charles Campbell
Subject: [Gnash] trying to get started: configure complaints, and can't get gtkglext
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 11:50:57 -0500

Hello!

I just downloaded gnash-0.8.6.

* attempted configure: a few complaints, but it terminated on being unable to find libltdl/Makefile.in . Solved this problem; I have an environment variable set up (RM) which apparently interferes somewhere. So I unset RM, and then...

* configure noted that I needed several packages. I was able to get most of them, but chose to avoid the kde ones with ./configure --enable-renderer=opengl --enable-gui=gtk (there's a opengl based card on this machine by nvidia). However,...

* yum install gtkglext-devel fails (I'm using a 64-bit Centos 5.2 o/s). However, configure did helpfully tell me about the website where I presumably could get gtkglext. Unfortunately, the directions to get that package up&running include the usual
 ./configure
 make
(as su) make install

but there's no configure file.