Re: [Gnash] Remove the Play Button

From: Gabriele Giacone
Subject: Re: [Gnash] Remove the Play Button
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 18:13:15 +0200

On 04/16/2012 09:33 AM, Sandro Santilli wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 12:58:19PM +0530, Jos Collin wrote:
>> But If I play a video in the webpages which support HTML5 (some videos in
>> youtube) it doesn't show this play button.
>
> Ask youtube developers why they decided to use a different user interface.

Jos, if we are talking about youtube, yes, the Play button is there and
is part of the youtube movie player. yt is a special case: when yt
website detects Gnash, it provides an AVM1 player version which gnash
can play and I don't know if it's still maintained by yt, otherwise it
provides the AVM2 one.
AVM1 yt player shows Play button, AVM2 one starts at once.
I noticed that. Devs, is it an AVM1 player limitation or a gnash
limitation due to something not implemented yet?

I suggest you try lightspark. At this time, it can partially play AVM2
yt player (missing fullscreen, can't move progress bar, hard changing
volume).

AVM1/AVM2? http://wiki.gnashdev.org/FAQ

--
Gabriele