Re: [Gnash] How Gnash should find the Fluendo MP3 decoder.

From: Rob Savoye
Subject: Re: [Gnash] How Gnash should find the Fluendo MP3 decoder.
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 09:05:58 -0600

On 09/26/12 19:22, address@hidden wrote:

> I have an XO-1.5 with OLPC OS 12.1.0, which is derived from Fedora.
> The Fluendo mp3 decoder works for mplayer.  When a movie is opened,
> Gnash starts but then complains

> Closing that window reveals another with this message.
> "Gnash Error Couldn't find a plugin for video type video/x-h264!
> Please make sure you have gstreamer-ffmpeg installed."

  By default the XO (I'm a long time developer) doesn't ship with any
proprietary codecs, so H264 won't play. On the XO 1.5, video playback is
pretty poor anyway, although it does work. To get this to work you need
to install the other gstreamer plugins. Or you can rebuild Gnash to use
ffmpeg instead.

        - rob -