gnewsense-art

Re: [gNewSense-art] Galaxy backgrounds

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-art] Galaxy backgrounds
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 22:26:05 +0200

Siddharth wrote:
On Tue, 2011-06-14 at 19:59 +0200, Sam Geeraerts wrote:
Sure. Just keep in mind that that means you agree to the CC-BY-SA license. Also, keep file sizes reasonable (I'd call a 10 MiB image a very big file).
Okay, Can you delete the file by the name 'gnewsense3minimal.png' from
this page :
http://www.gnewsense.org/ArtworkPlan/Propose?action=AttachFile

That's alright. I was not telling you off or something. That was just meant as an indication of what I consider reasonable. :) One-off big files are no problem, but using the wiki to upload dozens of tweaked and derivative versions [1] of high-resolution bitmaps would be a bit much. Especially if every one of those is embedded directly into 1 page.

I see the wiki as a text tool, in which the occasional image or other file can be embedded. It's not well suited for artwork collaboration IMO. But currently I don't see a need to set up something else/better either, because there's not a whole lot of people doing artwork.

[1] Tweaking and deriving in itself is of course highly encouraged.