[Gnewsense-dev] Re: wifi on the lemote

From: Daniel Clark
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] Re: wifi on the lemote
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 11:21:43 -0500

Elly Liu wrote:
> I guess I have the latest system on the machine. But the wireless doesn't
> work, whether using the User Manual 2.3.3, or trying every means.
>
> Anyone ok with the wifi connection now?

It should just work on the yeeloong with a 2.6.27+ linux with support
for RTL8187 / RTL8187b enabled - also Lemote has a possibly better
driver that's pointed to from some thread on the debian-mips list.

Also FYI it's on the USB bus, not the PCI bus. And it does have some
issues (again, see debian-mips list via gmane or whatever).

--
Daniel JB Clark   | Sys Admin, Free Software Foundation
pobox.com/~dclark | http://www.fsf.org/about/staff#danny