[Gnewsense-dev] Yeeloong specs

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] Yeeloong specs
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 22:03:43 +0100

After my bootloader problems while testing Robert's installer I decided to pursue my suspicions that something's not quite right with my Lemote Yeeloong. This is what's different from the specs on the wiki [1]:

Model name on the bottom of the laptop = YEELOONG 8089_A
RAM = 1004 MiB
USB = 3x
Storage = 160 GB
Webcam = no

PMON2000 version = "PMON2000 2.1 (Bonito) #16: Wed Nov 26 09:09:08 CST 2008"

PMON set (diff):
ShowBootMenu = yes
cpuclock = 796980000
ECVersion = LM8089-PQ1C06-1.20-081125173740
Version = LM8089-1.3.4
BuildTime = "Nov 26 2008 09:08:58"

My PMON does not understand 'path' and 'dir' and can only see the first two partitions. It doesn't respond to a boot.cfg in neither of those 2 partitions and neither in / nor /boot. It also doesn't understand the (wd0,1) syntax (as suggested by Laurent).

Maybe I got some left-over prototype or something. Looks like I have the best of both worlds between the A and B model. However, PMON worries me a bit. I don't think it influences my testing beyond making it a bit more difficult and slower. I'd like to make it better, but I'm a bit hesitant to upgrade the firmware. Information about PMON is sparse, so I don't know which version is stable (if any), which one is suited for this Yeeloong or even where to get an image file. The weird version numbers and dates compared to the wiki make me even more uneasy about it.

So, does anyone else have the same hardware as me? And has anyone upgraded their firmware?

[1] http://wiki.gnewsense.org/Projects/GNewSenseToMIPS#toc9