Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Savannah project announcement

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Savannah project announcement
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 20:16:35 +0200

Oliver Heard schreef:
Hi guys,

NOTE: Please read the PS at the bottom of this message first.

I have been talking with samgee on #gnewsense-dev about this and am
preparing to write a Python script to import/export to/from
bugs.gnewsense.org and Savannah.

My overall idea is pretty simple, it consists of an internal format
for representing bugs, and a translator for both the gnewsense wiki
page and Savannah.

I think the script will be a simple task to accomplish, and am
beginning work on the bugs.gns.org side of things today. Once we know
of a way to export/import bugs from Savannah I'll start work on that
(unless somebody else is interested and wants to do that).

I have created a public project on BitBucket, progress can be
monitored from
http://bitbucket.org/oheard/gns-savannah-bug-import-export-script/.

I'll be keeping an eye on this mailing list, so if anybody has
suggestions or more information, please do mention it here.

Regards,
Oliver

P.S. I've just reread Karl's email, and it seems he's planning on
initiating a project for this, for this reason I won't begin work
until I know whether this is the case. Karl, are you happy for me to
begin this script, or are you already working on something?