Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Bug logging in under X

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Bug logging in under X
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 10:21:19 -0400

This could be the same bug even though your use case is different.
But I suspect they are two different bugs.  I suspect that any crash
in the right part of X will make it restart on a different terminal,
and what these two cases have in common is that they both crash X.

It is good to debug either one.

When it failed for me on logging in, I think I switched to a terminal
soon after entering my name and password.