[Gnewsense-dev] Two non-free programs in gNewSense

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] Two non-free programs in gNewSense
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 02:28:05 -0400

These programs need to be removed -- could you please ack when
they are gone?

Subject: Re: Problems found in free distros
From: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Rub=E9n_Rodr=EDguez_?= =?ISO-8859-1?Q?P=E9rez?=
<address@hidden>
To: address@hidden
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 12:35:31 +0200

El vie, 14-08-2009 a las 22:31 -0400, Richard Stallman escribió:
> Also, Daniel Oliveira told me today in private about the problems he
>     found in Trisquel and gNewSense, which were the inclusion of d4x and
>     ivman.
>
> Can you tell me what these are?

d4x is "downloader for X", a download manager. Its license says "This
Program is free but not GPL!!! You can't modify it [...]".

ivman, a "daemon to auto-mount and manage media devices", is not
explicit about the license used. It was also orphaned, so it is not easy
to fix upstream.

Both are included in the Ubuntu main repositories, and excluded in ours.