[Gnewsense-dev] gns mipsel pidgin broken during update

From: Graziano
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] gns mipsel pidgin broken during update
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 18:13:55 +0100

gNewSense metad mipsel on the Lemote Yeeloong.

aptitude update
aptitude dist-upgrade

brings me the following situation:
(translated from italian, some terms could be wrong but you will still
get the picture)

the following packages are BROKEN:
  libpurple0 pidgin

the following packages will be updated:
  pidgin-data

the following packages have unmet dependencies:

  libpurple0: depends on pidgin-data (< 2.4.3-z) but 2.6.5-2~bpo50+1 is
going to be installed.

  pidgin: depends on: pidgin-data (< 2.4.3-z) but 2.6.5-2~bpo50+1 is
going to be installed.
The following actions will allow to meet those dependencies:

Remove these packages:

libpurple0
pidgin

Leave those dependencies unmet:
gnome recommends empathy | pidgin
Score is -372

I think this is related to some recently backported package.

The situation is the same as network-manager.

It seems only the single package has been backported and not its dependencies.

But I may be wrong.

I think it was something useful to report anyway.

--
Graziano