Re: [Gnewsense-dev] gns mipsel pidgin broken during update

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] gns mipsel pidgin broken during update
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 10:57:05 +1030

On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 09:48:32 +1030
Karl Goetz <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Feb 2010 09:12:59 +1030
> Karl Goetz <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 09 Feb 2010 18:13:55 +0100
> > Graziano <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > > gNewSense metad mipsel on the Lemote Yeeloong.
> > >
> > > aptitude update
> > > aptitude dist-upgrade
> > >
> > > the following packages are BROKEN:
> > >   libpurple0 pidgin
> >
> > > the following packages will be updated:
> > >   pidgin-data
> > >
> > > the following packages have unmet dependencies:
> > >
> > >   libpurple0: depends on pidgin-data (< 2.4.3-z) but
> > > 2.6.5-2~bpo50+1 is going to be installed.
> > >
> > >   pidgin: depends on: pidgin-data (< 2.4.3-z) but 2.6.5-2~bpo50+1
> > > is going to be installed.
>
> Having looked at it again, I'm a bit confused by this. All three
> binary packages come from the same source package. Unless the mirror
> has only picked up -data and not libpurple0/pidgin, this seems like a
> very strange situation.

All is explained: the -data package is arch:all, the others are arch
specific. because the mipsel buildd is so far behind its not built
pidgin yet.
I'm trying to build it on our mips box atm (rather then waiting for
the host to realise it wants to build it)
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)
http://www.kgoetz.id.au