Re: [Gnewsense-dev] HowToHelp(etc)

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] HowToHelp(etc)
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2010 17:25:28 +0100

Karl Goetz schreef:
On Sat, 06 Mar 2010 22:25:43 -0500
Luis Felipe Lopez Acevedo <address@hidden> wrote:

El dom, 07-03-2010 a las 13:38 +1030, Karl Goetz escribió:
It requires entering dates, so they would have to be entered then
ignored. Seems a pretty ridiculous setup to me :(

No, you can configure that to make them optional (empty values are
accepted).

You can make the year empty. I don't see a way to remove the remainder
of the date (either completely or make it empty).

Do you need to change any of these date fields when creating a new task? If you can just accept the defaults then it's only slightly annoying rather then very annoying, imo.

Do you know if there's a support ticket about this? I couldn't find any.

I've enabled the task tracker so we can look at it as we discuss:
https://savannah.nongnu.org/task/?func=additem&group=gnewsense

Still says "This project has turned off this tracker."

Also, just as a thought, if the list of projects were moved to
bugs on Savannah, someone would need to remember to go back &
update the HTH pages when it's complete. Probably not a big deal,
but it might be
They have to do that now.

Or you could use only the task manager for that and delete the todo
lists in the HTH pages for each team.

I'm probably stating the obvious, but I'll mention it anyway. I see the separation like this:

- *Team pages: list responsibilities. E.g. Builder, gNewSenseToMIPS, forwarding bugs. - Tasks: work we'd like to see done, it's predefined what it means for it to get status "Completed" (not necessarily when it will be completed); no need for these to be also on the *Team pages. E.g. wiki migration, port Ubiquity. - Bugs: faults that need to be fixed. E.g. package aee must be removed [non-free].

Some things can have both a bug report and a task item associated, e.g. "Graphics on YeeLoong suck" and "Backport Siliconmotion driver".