[Gnewsense-dev] Fwd: GNewSense, browsers and Accessibility

From: Jason Self
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] Fwd: GNewSense, browsers and Accessibility
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2010 11:43:13 -0700 (PDT)

Richard Stallman <address@hidden> wrote ..

> There is a misunderstanding here.  The goal is not just to make Icecat capable
> of running on gNewSense.  The goal is that gNewSense should come with and
> install an accessible browser.  Epiphany is not adequate for accessibility.
>
> To present Epiphany as the main browser is not adequate for the
> accessibility of gNewSense.

Forwarding to gnewsense-dev to raise the idea of switching the default browser.

There was a thread on the GNU maintainers list about accessibility in
gNewSense.
>From what I've been told, Epiphany has zero support whereas as Firefox 3.5
>(and
hence Icecat 3.5) does, although there were regressions in 3.6. It's a
continuation of [1].

[1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnewsense-dev/2010-03/msg00152.html