Re: [Gnewsense-dev] binutils which works around loongson2f NOP bug by de

From: Karl Goetz
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] binutils which works around loongson2f NOP bug by default
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 20:33:02 +0930

On Wed, 7 Apr 2010 13:12:51 -0400
Mark H Weaver <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I would like to propose that gNewSense should include an assembler
> which works around the loongson2f NOP bug by default, without having
> to explicitly pass any additional compiler flags.
>

> I have attached a patch relative to binutils-2.20-4~bpo50+1.  Note
> that I don't have previous experience modifying Debian source
> packages, so I've probably done some things suboptimally.

Quick notes:
* The changes are made directly to the source tree, rather then as
patches applied at package build time. Ideally we want the latter, but
its probably trivial to fix - a job for the weekend (they just need to
go in debian/patches, and get added to the series file if needed).

I noticed this, could you file a bug upstream if its a valid fix?
20:29:55 address@hidden:~/sourcecheckouts/upstream-binutils $ cvs diff
include/opcode/mips.h Index: include/opcode/mips.h
RCS file: /cvs/src/src/include/opcode/mips.h,v
retrieving revision 1.64
diff -r1.64 mips.h
1109c1109
< /* A NOP insn impemented as "or at,at,zero".
---
> /* A NOP is implemented as "or at,at,zero".

thanks,
kk

--
Karl Goetz, (Kamping_Kaiser / VK5FOSS)