Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Bug #34578 - bacula and its freedom problems

From: Marek Buras
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] Bug #34578 - bacula and its freedom problems
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 21:02:04 +0100

On Fri, Dec 07, 2012 at 07:09:09PM +0100, Sam Geeraerts wrote:
> > Has anyone (Karl?) worked or still works on the "liberated" bacula
> > package? If not, I can take care of this and "port" the patch from
> > Debian testing to gNewSense.
>
> As far as I know, no work has been done on our side on this issue.
> You're very welcome to pick this up.

Here is a link to the modified sources for bacula package:
  http://cyfr0n.c0.pl/gns/parkes/bacula_5.0.2+fsdg-1gnewsense1.dsc

Files that contained non free implementation of sha1 has been removed and now
gNewSense bacula uses OpenSSL API (idea is taken from the patch[1] by Alexander
Golovko). I have modified debian/rules too, so now this package uses quilt to
manage patches (for easier maintenance).

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=658326#26

--
Marek Buras
cyfr0n (at) go2.pl