[Gnewsense-dev] New Iceweasel version

From: arnuld uttre
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] New Iceweasel version
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2014 18:03:36 +0530

Hi There,

Can someone point me to some link for building iceweasel package for
gNewSense. Currunt version (3.5) is too old and my web browsing has
takena hit because it does not work with lot of sites (e.eg  buttons
on web page do not work).

I have 2 options:

1) I see Firifox 31.0 binay (downloaded from official site)  works on
my gNewSense 3.1 installation  (amd64) without any issues.  It means
compiling from source will work too. So I thought I could get the
source code and compil/build it the way gNewSense does for removing
non-free stuff. but I need to have some manual that gNewSense
developers follow.

2) Debian Sid already  has Iceweasel 31 in their repo (.deb package)
but of course it requires you to puh sid repo it /etc/apt/sources.list
which may break many other things.  Can I use it to build a package
for gNewSense ?

--
http://uttre.wordpress.com/
http://lispmachine.wordpress.com/2010/12/08/extract-of-programming/