[Gnewsense-dev] Boinc "advertisement" of non free Projects

From: Maximilian Rüdiger
Subject: [Gnewsense-dev] Boinc "advertisement" of non free Projects
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2015 03:48:53 +0200

Hello,

As some might know, trisquel
(https://devel.trisquel.info/trisquel/ubuntu-purge/merge_requests/19)
and
parabola(https://projects.parabola.nu/blacklist.git/tree/blacklist.txt#n71)
deleted Boinc from their repositories. Also the FSF have it on their
List of software that does not respect the Free System Distribution
Guidelines
(https://groups.fsf.org/wiki/List_of_software_that_does_not_respect_the_Free_System_Distribution_Guidelines).

So I contacted Boinc for help, here is the thread:
https://boinc.berkeley.edu/dev/forum_thread.php?id=10496#64147.
They advice, that: "It might be better for the repository maintainers to
open a dialog with the BOINC Project Management Committee, and work
through their differences to see if a compromise can be reached.".

So I try to connect: trisquel, parabola, fsf, fsfe, gnewsense, FSF
India, FSF France. If I forgot someone please tell me.

Thanks for your time.

Maximilian Rüdiger