Re: [Gnewsense-dev] installer: wasted swap

From: Sam Geeraerts
Subject: Re: [Gnewsense-dev] installer: wasted swap
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 21:51:37 +0200

Op Mon, 12 Sep 2016 13:51:42 +0700
schreef Dika Setya Prayogi <address@hidden>:

> say i have a 4 gb fdrive with guided partition will result in 3.8 GB
> ext and 200 MB swap, Meanwhile with my 120 GB drive i get 115.1 GB ext
> and 4.9 swap thats a very big waste, 1 GB more than enough for regular
> user, real memory is better than a swap

If you want to use hibernation, then the swap space should be at least
as big as the amount of RAM.

> looking at the debian strecth installer the same problem still exist
> dont know why this happen, maybe developer likes to partition
> themselves and almost forgot the guided partition exsist

I don't immediately find a relevant bug report for debian-installer
[1]. Maybe there's a good reason for this behaviour. Could you check
with Debian's support channels [2] for an explanation behaviour? Or
maybe check the calculation in the source code?

[1] https://bugs.debian.org/debian-installer
[2] http://www.debian.org/support