Re: [gNewSense-users] ASUS WL-107G PCMCIA card

From: Anthony Patarini
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] ASUS WL-107G PCMCIA card
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 18:25:53 -0900

Just to be absolutely clear: are you saying that the ASUS WL-107G PCMCIA card will work out of the box on gNewSense GNU/Linux because this wireless card works with free software drivers and free software firmware (or no firmware needed at all)?
Yep, that's been my experience. It's actually one of two wireless devices the FSF explicitly recommends and has officially used it (so you can be fairly sure there is no nonfree firmware needed). The other is a USB device. It's on the page I linked before. I haven't used it in a while, but I researched its Free-ness before I bought it and never had any trouble getting it to work on Ubuntu Warty and Hoary. Hope that helps.