Re: [gNewSense-users] firefox2

From: Guy Johnston
Subject: Re: [gNewSense-users] firefox2
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2007 14:45:17 +0000

You seem to have made a fundamental error in your understanding of 'free
software'. In the gNewSense community, we're referring to freedom, not
price. Please see http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html. While
Firefox is mostly free (as in freedom) software, there are a few
problems with using it in entirely free systems, which are the reasons
for making Iceweasel (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iceweasel), a slight
modification (actually two different projects to do the same thing).
Both Skype and Second Life are proprietary software (the opposite of
free software), so the gNewSense developers won't help you install them
(though I think Second Life might become free software in the future).

Hope you see what I mean,

Guy